On March 31st, we were honored to host the new member reception for the Southeast Volusia Chamber of Commerce. We were excited to welcome these new business to the Chamber.
At the reception I talked about one of the major reasons why many small businesses don’t succeed – they fail to market their businesses.
I’m sure you are familiar with Coke and Mc Donald’s. Yet despite their excellent very well-known brand identities, they still spend significant amounts of their annual budgets on marketing their core message each and every day. Now while a typical small business may never have the size budget that those bigger players do, it doesn’t mean they can be effective with their marketing budget.
At Small Pond Advertising we offer a range of media that helps connect buyers ready to buy with sellers, like your company. Media includes but is not limited to:
- Print and online Yellow Pages
- High quality stand-alone coupon books
- Coupons on the back of register receipts at stores such as Family Dollar, Dollar General, and Sav-A-Lot grocery stores
- Mobile text marketing
- Online optimization and Push Marketing programs
In my next post I will talk about the 5 major considerations every small business should have on ANY advertising program (including ours) which I covered with the new members that night.
Yes indeed, the Port Orange print directories arrived today. Of course with all of the recent rain here in central Florida we had to hustle to get them under cover before the rain started. Our fearless leader Ken Clark even jumped in to help….
What’s new in the nearly 40,000 copies of the directory which are being delivered to the Port Orange area:
- A new Fishing Guide with local charter groups and more..
- An enhanced Golf Guide with reviews about local courses
- Our regular favorites — the Restaurant and Pizza guides (yum!)
- The cover photo comes from a member of the Port Orange Camera Club — a great picture of the local Family Days event from about two years ago
- And all of the information and ads in the print edition can also be found online at www.SmallPondYP.com and through our new mobile interface (NO app required…)
This is the ONLY directory that features local small businesses here in the Port Orange area… And it is now available in PRINT, ONLINE, and MOBILE formats…
Small Pond Advertising was a “Birdie” hole sponsor at the recent Port Orange Chamber of Commerce Golf Tournament which was held at the Spruce Creek Fly-In Golf Club. This event is big fundraiser for the Chamber.
The Small Pond Team of Ken & Priscilla Clark, and Mike & Kim Stucky of Advanced Air & Heat played well and carded a 7-under par score. Not bad for a bunch of hackers that even bested some other good golfer teams . Here are Ken and Mike negotiating for more strokes from Blake Thomas of Blake Thomas – State Farm Insurance.
Blake was unsympathetic.
And let’s guess who walked away with the Woman’s Longest Drive and Closest to the Hole prizes???
None other than our own Priscilla Clark!!! Way to play girl…