Calling for Entries for the
Port Orange – South Daytona Chamber
Annual Member Guide
Cover Contest ( 2023 Edition )
We are looking for local art or photography to feature on the cover of the 2023 Port Orange – South Daytona Chamber Annual Member Guide. Do you have a picture that highlights the Port Orange, South Daytona Beach, or Daytona Beach Shores areas that we can feature?
Even if your photo is not selected for the cover, it may still be used within our publication.
- 1st prize: $200, and recognition in the phone book
- 2nd prize: $100, and recognition in the phone book
- 3rd Prize: $50, and recognition in the phone book
- The artwork or photography for the phone book cover must display some aspect of the Port Orange, South Daytona Beach, or Daytona Beach Shores area.
- Entries must be able to fit into a vertical 6” by 9” cover scheme. Do the dimensions and the overall design work with our phone book cover and the other information that Small Pond routinely uses on its covers? (Text, logos, etc. will remain in the same places on our cover so we must select a winner that will work within our parameters).
- Guide Cover contest entries should be sent either in a mailed envelope to Small Pond Advertising Cover Contest, PO Box 291164, Port Orange, FL 32129, or scanned and e-mailed to SmallPondYP@gmail.com with “cover contest entry form” in the subject line.
- High-quality scans of the original artwork may be submitted via email to SmallPondYP@gmail.com or you may mail us a jump drive or CD disk containing the high-quality scan of the original artwork (drives and disks will not be returned). Entries must include your full name and a contact number and will not be entered into the Guide Cover contest until you turn in a signed entry form (which must indicate the name of the digital file submitted so it can be matched to your entry).
- Condition/Formats of Guide Cover entries:
- The scan of the original artwork must be in good condition and/or in high-resolution digital format (minimum 400 dpi, JPEG file format preferred). Winners must be able to provide us with the original artwork for verification purposes (so please keep the original).
- The measurements of our cover are 6” wide by 9” high. Your artwork must be able to fit within these dimensions, so please keep this in mind when creating your artwork.
- Artwork needs to work in junction with other information that Small Pond routinely uses on its covers
- The person submitting the artwork must provide a signed Release Form (download the attached PDF form below) and be the original artist of the entry or be able to provide a clear title for unlimited use of the photograph. Only original artwork or photography will be accepted. Please do not submit copyrighted material. Small Pond Advertising will not be liable for any copyright issues. It will be the responsibility of the Artist/photographer.
- All artwork entered in the Guide Cover Contest may be used in Small Pond Advertising advertisements, as filler in the Guide, or in conjunction with customer information materials with no additional compensation or royalties.
- Small Pond Advertising employees, family members, and vendors are not eligible to win award prizes but may enter photos.
- Small Pond Advertising is not responsible for incorrect or incomplete information; lost, stolen, late, or misdirected entries.
- Entries must be received by 5:00 pm, Friday, July 14, 2023. Awarding of prizes will be announced by July 31, 2023.
Entries will be judged on the following criteria:
- Relevance of the photography/artwork to the Port Orange, South Daytona Beach, or Daytona Beach Shores area, and the ability of the artwork/photography to portray the beauty, meaning, or pride of our local community.
- Our ability to turn the piece of art into a vertical cover. The dimensions and the overall design must work with our Guide cover, and the other information that Small Pond routinely uses on its covers – Text, logos, etc. will remain in the same places on our cover so we must select a winner that will work within our parameters). Please visit our website, www.PSChamber.com to view the format of our current cover.
- Originality and overall attractiveness of the artwork.
- Entries must be received by 5:00 pm, Friday, July 14, 2023, and receipt of a signed, completed Release Form.